Friday, March 12, 2010

Yet Another Reason Not To Be A Verizon Customer

Here's a link to a story about Verizon.  Eventually I am sure the link will go bad, but in a nutshell, their customer service reps wouldn't shut down the account of a dead man because his family didn't have his PIN.  Really.  Read it for yourself.

I wish I had an alternative to them for our land line.  Their business practices stink (ask me about their minimum of $10 per month on long distance charges some day) and their cellular customer service was awful, as was their choice of phones.  Oh, and did I mention their pricing?

Yes, I know none of the other phone companies is any better, though T-Mobile has done well by me so far.  Still, my awful experiences were with Verizon, and I would love to get them entirely out of my life.