Monday, October 23, 2017

Unannounced Post

I am sick - really sick - and it's no fun. I've spent the entire day doing nothing. I hate that.

But I am also pondering things, and I wonder...

Should I turn on comments here again? I have more readers than I expect, and very few of you email me. If I turned on comments, would you use them? They would be moderated somehow, of course, but I can figure that out.

You can tell me your opinion about that by emailing me. Use this link: send email to Jeff if you don't know my email address. Also note that if you read that page at the bottom is basically tells you my email address.

Next, I am wondering if Canadian colds are much worse than American colds. Thoughts? This is nasty, and I am startled by the virulence with which it hit me. We used to joke about things in Alaska always being bigger or tougher because of how far north it is. That doesn't really apply to Vancouver. We're not that far north.

So, maybe Canadian colds are nastier to make up for the overall niceness of Canadians themselves? Seems odd to think a microbe of some kind could do that, but who know. (Or maybe I am delusional with the fever.)

Finally I want to thank a few people (anonymously) who have spoken with or emailed me recently about this blog. They seem to appreciate it a great deal, and I am happy to hear that. Your feedback matters - and helps - and that's part of the reason I am pondering opening up comments again.

Anyway, I will continue to do mostly nothing tonight while I hope this disease passes quickly. Not that it arrived quickly... onset was Friday night. But if it goes away quickly, that would be good.