Friday, May 30, 2008

VFD BBQ Weekend

This is the weekend of the annual Loma Prieta Volunteer Fire & Rescue barbecue. It's always a big event with a good turnout, and it's our only fundraiser, but this year - thanks to the Summit Fire - it may have more impact than usual.

In any event, as a direct result of working on the setup and preparation for the BBQ on Saturday, and the actual event itself on Sunday, it is entirely possible there will be no new blog posts until Monday. If time and events allow, I'll write what I can, but I expect to come home on both evenings and do nothing but fall asleep as rapidly as possible.

I thank everyone who's purchased raffle tickets, donated raffle items, and who will attend the event. I cannot convey just how important the success of this is to our organization, and we really do appreciate your support!