Monday, July 1, 2013

Google Reader is Gone (and I don't miss it)

Today is the last day for Google Reader.  Or maybe yesterday was, depending on what they meant by July 1st being the end, and whether or not there is an off-by-one error in their code somewhere.  (Joke!)

But I don't miss Google Reader at all, and I was a fairly heavy user.  Why not?  Because I use BazQux Reader.

I started trying all of the alternatives back when Reader's demise was announced.  I tried bunches of them, and pretty much disliked them all.  But BazQux was different.  Actually, I think it's better than Reader, at least for my usage model.

I'm not paid for this plug, and I hope I am unbiased.

If you've been living under a rock and only found out that Reader dies today, now is the time to look for an alternative.   First, of course, export your Reader subscription list, if you still can.  Then give BazQux a try.  I hope you like it.

http://bazqux.com/