Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Why I Left Verizon

I love it. About a month ago we left Verizon Wireless for a series of reasons: cost, lousy handset choices, and what they do have are hacked to bits to keep you from using the good features.

Today I got an email asking me to take a survey about why we left.

So I tried it. "500 Server Error" on the first page. OK, I think. Their server must be down. I'll try later, because I really want to unload on these nitwits and tell them how much I hate what they do to their customers.

Can't sleep and am up at 3am. Time to try again. I Got 3 pages into the survey before I encountered the "500 Server Error" again.

So that's how incompetent Verizon is: they can't even run the web server that collects data about why their former customers left them.

I give up. They can go rot for all I care now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain that I'm going to leave Verizon next year. AT&T is my likeliest destination, but don't hold me to that.

    Like you, I'm tired of the high prices and the nerfed phones. Of course, if I can't find another carrier that works well in my house, I guess my planned escape is sunk.

    Oh, and yeah, I've noticed that Verizon's website has been flaky lately. Dunno what's up with that. Maybe they laid off the one guy who knew how to keep it going, on the theory that they could get 5 guys "just as good" from India for the same price.

    ReplyDelete

All comments made on this blog are moderated by the blog's author, and he's a bit busy, so it may take a bit of time for him to approve your comment. Please be patient. He will get to it. Thank you!