Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yes I'm Still Working

It's 1.5 weeks since I started working full time again. My thoughts on the experience are a bit muddled at this point. That's all thanks to the difficulty of the schedule adjustment, and probably to the reduction in exercise.

I used to sleep in - something my body is much happier with. Now I get up right when the alarm goes off and get moving.

I used to get 2.5 miles or more or walking in each day. Now I get to drive 40 minutes each day instead.

Please don't misunderstand me. These aren't complaints. I chose to go back to work, and I'm lucky to do so in this economy. But it's going to be a while before the adjustment to a regular schedule is done and I'm back fully in the swing of things.

This weekend I will be taking a class on driving fire engines, all day, both days. That should be fun, but it will keep me busy on a weekend when I should be doing other things, like carving.

Oh well. There are other weekends coming, and I'll get things done as time allows.

I hope you're all doing well, whatever adjustments are going on in your lives.