Sunday, November 29, 2009

What To Do Next... What To Do?

I am overwhelmed with choices these days, and I am hitting something that we used to call "vapor lock" in a co-worker back at my first job in 1986 or so.  The inability to pick something and work on it leads to a lack of progress on everything.

The major tasks on my list include (but are not limited to):
  • Write a carving document that has been on my to-do list for months now.
  • Add a bunch of things to my personal web site.
  • Learn MySQL and php so I can do some interesting things with book review indexing and searching.
  • Carve stone.
  • Write fiction.
  • Learn Java so I can figure out how to write Android applications.
And, of course, on top of all that sits the overhead of life.

I am starting to think nothing major will get accomplished until the new year begins, if then.  I wish it were otherwise.

Maybe the thing to do is spend a couple of hours on just one or two things each day.  Have to try that.  I certainly need to get something moving on all these fronts eventually.

I have to say it, though.  Work provided a focal point that removed some of the decision making process.  That may or may not be good in any given case, but it was real.