Thursday, September 14, 2017

So many piercings...

Bonus post. If you find this, it wasn't announced in any of the usual places.

People watching is always fun, and I do it on occasion. There are the elderly Chinese gentlemen who think they can just cut into the line to get on the bus, and no one tells them they can't.

There are all the people with tattoos, most of which are totally forgettable to me.

There are the hair colors, which I am generally jealous of, and wish I had the guts to do myself. Bright pink hair on the Jeff, anyone?

There are so many smokers. What is it with people and smoking? Shudder.

But mostly, it's piercings. Lots and lots of piercings. Ears aren't really all that odd, even when there are lots of piercings in them. I get that, even if I don't want to do it myself. But lips, nose, eyebrows, and who knows where else? Really? Many of them look uncomfortable, unsanitary, or both. I really don't get it.

But life is full of things I don't get, and living in a city, and going to college with a particular cohort of people - roughly 31 to 33 years younger than I am - is showing me that for that generation, piercings are the thing.

OK.