Friday, February 25, 2011

Thoughts on Stress

Many things can mess with your head, of course, and we're all different in terms of what affects us, but for me stress is a killer.

The house remodel isn't done yet.  In fact, though it is nearing completion, it may be another month before we can do the final sign off with the county.  I hope it is faster than that, but it may take that long or longer for reasons that are entirely out of my control.

Oddly, despite the fact that the vast majority of the time remaining is spent waiting for things to get done, not with people actively working at the house, it is still very stressful for me.  Very stressful.  And that stress just cripples me in other ways.

I'd like to do some serious fiction writing, but just finding the energy is hard.  I'd like to carve more stone, but the same issues apply, along with cold weather making things tougher to do.  I'd like to go back to the gym twice a week, but the vagaries of scheduling the times when the contractors are here makes me hesitate to do even that.

In all, there are a lot of things that keep me from moving forward with life, and I find it all very frustrating.

One of these days it will be done, and I will move on.  I just hope that day comes sooner rather than later.  I need this project to end.